Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Stories and such

Awright chilluns, we's gwan do this proper. I intend to start posting a story or two as serials on here, since they're too long for one post. Hopefully it will be a weekly thing. Some of them don't divide nicely into chapters so it might be uneven. The second story and conclusion are still in development, so it may be a while until they come out to play. Till then I shall do my best to entertain you in various and sundry ways.

Turn back drop the bottle pop
Everybody knows that you gotta stop
With the flows here we go let your nose
Guide you cause it isn't gonna find you
Going by the back streets
This is how a heart beats
Never know the pattern I just listen to the rhythm
Let the sound control your body plug yourself into the system
Uh-oh here we go made a joke now it's told
On playgrounds and there's sounds of parents anger
Don't blame me cause your kid is spitting oaths
You should remember take a lesson get involved in his life
Cause, not because, the change in his jokes
His mouth is dirty but that's not an accident
Maybe you should practice this thing called parenting
Heaven forbid we teach a child right from wrong
Let them learn how it goes in the movies and the songs
Alcohol, drugs, rock'n'roll are in
And they'll pick 'em up if you don't tell 'em about sin
Yes, no, here we go tell me white from black
Never thought you'd hear another kid talking back
But respect isn't given it's gotta be earned
And parents never in the house won't get a turn
So the kids turn to friends who turn to me to tell them when
But I'm just as messed up as any of them
Point your fingers in a circle till it comes back again
Finally the problem'll be identified then

Rendezvous with the future
Or is that what we forgot
Don't tell me what to do
When you pop pills to stay on top

Prozac, valium, percoset and helium
Ritalin, alcohol, nicotine and vicodin
Drugs are our culture hiding from the world
Sure they have their uses like helping boys to get with girls
Wait no, uh-oh, I shouldn't have said that
I might have offended you, too late to take back
Like I really care what you think about this song
See caring is like sharing it helps us all to get along
Too bad I'm not in preschool I might even act like I care
But your fashion money lifestyle isn't getting you no where
So blame it all on culture, music and the world
Whatever helps you sleep knowing you forgot your baby girl.

Rendezvous with the future
Or is that what we forgot
If we want to make a difference
We need to hold on to what we got

No comments:

Post a Comment