Friday, October 16, 2009

Lessons in domestication

Good morning dear reader, today, and probably for the next two days, we will be doing a bit on domestication and housekeeping. This is amusing because my mature big brother is our case study, and he is my primary follower on here, and, I'm kind of living with him for fall break.

Things to bear in mind, I do not have any false sense of being a good house(apartment)keeper. I am considered by college peers to be a slob, mediocre cook, and all around bum. Now then:

Lesson #1
Appropriate storage use

Beer is delicious
Beer is what's good
It makes us loquacious
But it's not really food
When in college we were
And Yoda was cool
One maintained a beer fridge
As a general rule
Yet as we are done
And on to real life
This you should remember
More goes in the damn refrigerator than just beer and good cheese and snack packs :)

Lesson #2
Proper food

When from whiskey I first weaned
At the meek age of three
There was naught I loved more
Than Chef Boyardee

But now I'm a man
I'm back on the bottle
This delectable dish
A distant memory
One does not make a dinner
On Chef Boyardee
Chicken nuggets and hot dogs
Macaroni and cheese
These are far better options
For an evening entree

That's all for now readers, I do have more lessons for tomorrow. Mom if you're reading this you should call and back me up.

3 comments:

  1. Dear brother, this is what is called a bachelor's lifestyle. It is not far different from a college lifestyle. The beer is higher quality (or if, like me, you drank high-quality stuff in college as well, higher in quantity), and that is the only real difference. When I get married, I shall be more than willing to amend my food purchasing habits. Until then, I would like to point out that beer has far more nutritional value than many foods, and that those are Jell-Os, not Snack Packs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    When I was a uni student, I lived off nothing but chicken legs, ground beef, canned tuna, white bread, frozen mixed vegetables, fish fingers, apricot jelly, rice, and the occasional Chinese take away. I had a bunch of dried herbs and seasonings that helped make each meal a little different from the last. The only reason I didn't have beer to round it all off was that I wasn't (and could never have qualified as) a bachelor.

    PS -- I'm only here because Dauvit asked me to be. =P

    ReplyDelete