Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sunshine...details

Technically I'm about three days behind in posting the second chapter to the story...well, bite me. Three days ago I was under an overpass in Indy with rain blowing in on me and trucks going by at 70 mph and I was retying knots swollen with rain over and over again until they seemed secure. Two days ago I was manically cleaning, moving, setting up, and playing Halo. Yesterday...eh, let's face it, yesterday I was completely useless. Anyway, I'll put a new chapter up tomorrow for those of you that want to read it, those that don't, skip it. Here's a little rhyme to keep you entertained.

Softly sinking sunbursts and the red river rays
Do well to calm the aftershocks of haunting in your brain
But it's good to pass the ghosts in ghastly pupils often glazed
And the final fleeting sentiments will follow through the haze

Lying here in languid lazy lackluster shapes
Are toys that tell of toddlers teaching us to play
With whimsical enthusiasm wishing we were one
Till the alabaster albatross alights among the shades

So wearily I waited for a knock that never came
Wanting to forget the past upon this bed I lay
sneakily aslumber with a shaky sense of shame
It's a dogs life in digits dying pass away your days.

No comments:

Post a Comment